GB-Didcot: UKRI-1145 W-Band Cryogenic Faraday Isolators
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Didcot: UKRI-1145 W-Band Cryogenic Faraday Isolators
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research & Innovation
Science & Technology Facilities Council, Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN21FF, United Kingdom
Tel. 01235 446553, Email: Nicola.email@example.com, URL: www.ukri.org
Contact: Nicola Everden, Attn: Nicola Everden
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses). The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), a component Research Council of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), is a world-leading multi-disciplinary science organisation, whose goal is to deliver economic, societal, scientific and international benefits to the UK and its people — and more broadly to the world.
STFC are commissioned to design, build, test, and deliver a multi pixel W-band receiver for a third-party customer based in the European Union (EU). The receiver will be permanently installed on a radio telescope facility located in Italy.
This tender is for the procurement of 36 isolators for the multipixel receiver. We anticipate the isolators will use the Faraday rotation principle, and shall be primarily operated at cryogenic temperatures below 30K. Performance specifications of the isolators must cover the frequency range 70GHz to 116GHz, which for the purposes of the present tender we label as extended W-Band, and at the required operational temperatures. It shall also use a non-standard waveguide flange interface for both input and output ports. Isolator performance requirements and waveguide flange details are provided in the following sections. Full specification details can be found within the tender documentation.
Please note, the budget for this requirement is £88,000 ex-VAT, DDP.
5. CPV Codes:
38000000 - Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses).
6. NUTS Codes :
UK - UNITED KINGDOM
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: UNITED KINGDOM,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: UKRI-1145
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category I: 50K to 100K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 22/04/2021 14:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 10/05/2021
Period of Work End date: 09/05/2022
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no