GB-Harwell: UKRI-1165 - Supply of a 100Hz mJ-class Laser Amplifier
Competitive Contract Award Notice
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Harwell: UKRI-1165 - Supply of a 100Hz mJ-class Laser Amplifier
1. Title: GB-Harwell: UKRI-1165 - Supply of a 100Hz mJ-class Laser Amplifier
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research and Innovation
Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FL, United Kingdom
Tel. +44 1793442000, Email: email@example.com
Attn: STFC Procurement
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Lasers. UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) - Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) have a requirement for the supply of a 100Hz, mJ-class (millijoule) pulsed laser amplifier. The supply of this System is requested by STFCto form an integral part of the front end for a 10 J Yb:YAG laser system being built and operated STFC Rutherford Appleton Lab (RAL).
The proposal covers the delivery of all components necessary, including:
•Main laser amplifier unit containing all optical components assembled into a single, rigid mechanical unit.
•All ancillary equipment, such as power supplies and chillers which shall be compatible with mounting in a 19” rack
•All cabling and piping required, lengths to be confirmed but the distance between the supply rack and optical table is likely to be > 10m.
•Factory demonstration of system performance.
•Installation at site of RAL and demonstration of performance to specification.
•Operator training by a dedicated engineer.
•Documentation in English
Full details of the specification can be found within the tender documentation.
The estimated value of the opportunity is £100,000.00 - £150,000.00 exclusive of VAT.
The contracting authority shall utilise the Delta eSourcing Procurement Tool available at the link provided to conduct this procurement. All enquiries with respect to problems or functionality within the tool may be submitted to Delta eSourcing on 08452707050. Please utilise the messaging system within the e-sourcing tool at the link provided.
5. CPV Codes:
38636100 - Lasers.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKJ14 - Oxfordshire
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Oxfordshire,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: UKRI-1165
9. Awarded to:
Dr. rer. nat. Koerner Lasertechnologie
Friedrich-Schmidt Str. 7, Geschaeftshaus, Sangerhausen, 06526, Germany
Tel. +49 17648314636
Attn: Dr Jorg Korner
Value Cost: 100,000
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: Yes
10. Date of Contract Award: 31/03/2021
11. Number of Tenders Received: 3
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 01/04/2021
Period of Work End date: 01/10/2021