GB-Swindon: UKRI-1269 High voltage power supply
Competitive Contract Award Notice
1. Title: GB-Swindon: UKRI-1269 High voltage power supply
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research and Innovation
Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FL, United Kingdom
Tel. 07563420665, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Elizabeth Gage, Attn: Elizabeth Gage
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: High voltage installation work. Required are 30 multi-channel high-voltage boards for powering scintillation and gas detectors used in beamline instruments at ISIS. The boards will provide 1080 channels independently controllable, in the range of 0 to 3,000 V and 0 – 1 mA via SHV connectors.
They will be compatible spares for all the HT system currently in operation on the ISIS instrument.
5. CPV Codes:
45315400 - High voltage installation work.
6. NUTS Codes :
UK - UNITED KINGDOM
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: UNITED KINGDOM,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: UKRI-1269
9. Awarded to:
CAEN – Costruzioni Apparecchiature Elettroniche Nucleari S.p.A.
Via Vetraia, 11, Viareggio (LU), 55049, Italy
Tel. +39.0584.388.398, Email: email@example.com
Value Cost: 135,072
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: No
10. Date of Contract Award: 14/04/2021
11. Number of Tenders Received: 1
12. Other Information:
Other Information: These new boards are required to be able to service and maintain existing high voltage systems already deployed on the ISIS instruments. The existing boards are now ~half way through their expected lifetime, and the average time between failures has decreased. We now need to increase the size of our service pool to be able to operate all of the ISIS instruments simultaneously while failed systems are repaired.
The bespoke existing beamline equipment, with which the new spares need to interface, was built around the CAEN product; spares must therefore be interchangeable in terms of performance, connectivity, spatial constraints and control and monitoring software. Only direct replacement systems from CAEN can meet these requirements.
Costs of the new systems are compatible with systems purchased 2 or more years ago and are actually cheaper
To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 22/04/2021
Period of Work End date: 22/05/2021