GB-Cambridge: UKRI-1654 Science Building 2 Cooling System Replacement
Competitive Contract Notice Addendum
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Cambridge: UKRI-1654 Science Building 2 Cooling System Replacement
1. Title: GB-Cambridge: UKRI-1654 Science Building 2 Cooling System Replacement
2. Awarding Authority:
UKRI - British Antarctic Survey
High Cross, Madingley Rd, Cambridge, CB3 0ET, United Kingdom
Tel. 07938500746, Email: BASProcurement@ukri.org, URL: https://www.bas.ac.uk/
Attn: BAS Procurement Team
Sub Type: Execution
4. Description: HVAC packages. Ventilation installation work. Air-conditioning installations. Ventilation equipment. The goal of this project is to replace and update the air handling systems of our main laboratory suites. The Class 2 containment laboratories are split into two operational parts, utilising three air handling units.
The existing air handling units are currently operational, but are at their life expectancy. In replacing the air handling units, we then have the option of changing from a glycol medium to a DX refrigerant medium for cooling and heating, as well as reaping the benefits of the increased efficiency of EC speed controllable fans etc.
The air handling units which supply the laboratories are to be replaced with units which match the heating, cooling and volumetric airflow requirements of the laboratories. As the AHU’s are handling ‘Class 2 containment’ lab air, new systems must be capable of achieving an air change rate and filtration process suitable for purpose.
A maximum contract value of £180,000 is available for this contract.
5. CPV Codes:
42512300 - HVAC packages.
45331210 - Ventilation installation work.
42512000 - Air-conditioning installations.
42520000 - Ventilation equipment.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKH12 - Cambridgeshire CC
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Cambridgeshire CC,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category H: 100K to 500K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 05/10/2021 12:30:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
To view this notice, please click here:
13. Description of Amendment / Addition: The closing date for this tender was incorrectly stated at 10/9/2021, this should have stated the 05/10/2021 at 12:30 and has now been amended. TKR-202198-PRO-18873070
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 25/10/2021
Period of Work End date: 31/12/2021
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no