GB-Didcot: UKRI-1705 FFA Main Magnet Coil Prototype Design
Competitive Contract Notice Addendum
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Didcot: UKRI-1705 FFA Main Magnet Coil Prototype Design
1. Title: GB-Didcot: UKRI-1705 FFA Main Magnet Coil Prototype Design
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research and Innovation
Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FL, United Kingdom
Tel. 01793 442 000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: https://www.ukri.org
Contact: Declan Ward, Attn: Declan Ward
Sub Type: Research and development services.
4. Description: Research and development services and related consultancy services. The main aim of this tender exercise is to begin to validate the feasibility of the design and manufacture of a super conducting main magnet coil that is to be used in the FETS-vFFA ring which in turn will be used to assess the feasibility of using an vFFA for the ISIS II project. In order to achieve this aim we plan to design and manufacture a normal conducting coil that replicates the geometric complexity and manufacturing requirements of the super conducting coil.
This initial tender exercise is for the design phase of the normal conducting coil only with tender exercises for the manufacture of 2 complete normal conducting coils to follow in the next financial year. The final normal conducting coil will need to be powered and the resulting field measured.
The objectives for the design of the normal conducting coil are;
-To mitigate the risk associated with the manufacture of any potential ISIS II super conducting FFA magnets
-Increase ISIS expertise and knowledge in preparation for a super conducting magnet design
-Achieve a scaling field
-Achieve a field quality over a large distance
5. CPV Codes:
73000000 - Research and development services and related consultancy services.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKJ14 - Oxfordshire
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Oxfordshire,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category I: 50K to 100K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 22/10/2021 14:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
To view this notice, please click here:
13. Description of Amendment / Addition: UKRI has taken the decision to extend the deadline for this tender as time acceptance has been granted for this tender. TKR-20211011-PRO-19055802
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 01/11/2021
Period of Work End date: 31/03/2022
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no