GB-Cambridge: UKRI-1654 Science Building 2 Cooling System Replacement
Competitive Contract Notice Addendum
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNoticeAddendum - GB-Cambridge: UKRI-1654 Science Building 2 Cooling System Replacement
1. Title: GB-Cambridge: UKRI-1654 Science Building 2 Cooling System Replacement
2. Awarding Authority:
UKRI - British Antarctic Survey
High Cross, Madingley Rd, Cambridge, CB3 0ET, United Kingdom
Tel. 07938500746, Email: BASProcurement@ukri.org, URL: https://www.bas.ac.uk/
Attn: BAS Procurement Team
Sub Type: Execution
4. Description: HVAC packages. Ventilation installation work. Air-conditioning installations. Ventilation equipment. NOTE: This notice was updated on 27 October 2021 for the following reason: *** THIS TENDER REQUIREMENT DID NOT RESULT IN AN AWARDED CONTRACT***
The goal of this project is to replace and update the air handling systems of our main laboratory suites. The Class 2 containment laboratories are split into two operational parts, utilising three air handling units.
The existing air handling units are currently operational, but are at their life expectancy. In replacing the air handling units, we then have the option of changing from a glycol medium to a DX refrigerant medium for cooling and heating, as well as reaping the benefits of the increased efficiency of EC speed controllable fans etc.
The air handling units which supply the laboratories are to be replaced with units which match the heating, cooling and volumetric airflow requirements of the laboratories. As the AHU’s are handling ‘Class 2 containment’ lab air, new systems must be capable of achieving an air change rate and filtration process suitable for purpose.
A maximum contract value of £180,000 is available for this contract.
5. CPV Codes:
42512300 - HVAC packages.
45331210 - Ventilation installation work.
42512000 - Air-conditioning installations.
42520000 - Ventilation equipment.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKH12 - Cambridgeshire CC
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Cambridgeshire CC,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category H: 100K to 500K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 28/10/2021 12:30:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: To view this notice, please click here:
13. Description of Amendment / Addition: This notice was updated on 27 October 2021 for the following reason: *** THIS TENDER REQUIREMENT DID NOT RESULT IN AN AWARDED CONTRACT*** TKR-20211027-PRO-19143665
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 29/10/2021
Period of Work End date: 31/12/2021
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no