GB-Didcot: UKRI-1641 R1 Vulcan Floor
Competitive Contract Award Notice
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Didcot: UKRI-1641 R1 Vulcan Floor
1. Title: GB-Didcot: UKRI-1641 R1 Vulcan Floor
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research & Innovation
Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Harwell, Swindon, SN2 1FF, United Kingdom
Tel. 01235 446553, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: www.ukri.org
Contact: Laura Lewis, Attn: Laura Lewis
3. Contract Type: Works
Sub Type: Execution
4. Description: Construction work. The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), a component Research Council of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), is a world-leading multi-disciplinary science organisation, whose goal is to deliver economic, societal, scientific and international benefits to the UK and its people — and more broadly to the world.
STFC (UKRI) have a requirement for a contractor to carry out the removal and replacement of the R1 Vulcan Floor.
A new 1m thick RC ground bearing concrete slab is required to support then new chamber.
The existing 300mm thick slab will need to be carefully cut out and removed to allow for sufficient working space to install the new slab, and to dowel a new 1m thick RC slab and create new service trenches.
All work that causes noise and/or vibration is to be completed between the 20th September 2021 – 1st October 2021.
Full technical details can be found within the tender documentation.
Please note, the estimated value of the opportunity is: £70K - £100K ex-VAT.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
5. CPV Codes:
45000000 - Construction work.
IA08-0 - Floors
6. NUTS Codes :
UKJ14 - Oxfordshire
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Oxfordshire,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: UKRI-1641
9. Awarded to:
Total Projects UK Ltd
National ID: 07683176, 99 Park Drive , Milton Park , Abingdon , OX14 4RY , United Kingdom
Tel. 01235 841535, Email: email@example.com, URL: www.ukri.org
Contact: Mike Pendelton, Attn: Mike Pendelton
Value Cost: 89,375
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: Yes
10. Date of Contract Award: 16/09/2021
11. Number of Tenders Received: 2
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 20/09/2021
Period of Work End date: 30/11/2021