GB-Swindon: UKRI-1780 Provision of Four Packer Assemblies
Competitive Contract Notice Addendum
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Swindon: UKRI-1780 Provision of Four Packer Assemblies
1. Title: GB-Swindon: UKRI-1780 Provision of Four Packer Assemblies
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research & Innovation
UK Research and Innovation, Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN12 1FL, United Kingdom
Tel. +44 7562167366, Email: email@example.com, URL: www.ukri.org
Contact: Kate Richardson, Attn: Kate Richardson
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Hydraulic equipment. UKRI wishes to establish a Contract for the provision of four packer assemblies for the UK Geoenergy Observatories (UKGEOS) project.
The UKGEOS project is a £31m capital infrastructure project funded by the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), delivered by The British Geological Survey (BGS) on behalf of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)/UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
The aim of the UKGEOS project is to build two world class subsurface research facilities, which will improve understanding of the response of the subsurface environment to energy transfer and storage. The first research site in Glasgow has been completed and is now operational and construction of the second observatory in Cheshire will commence in Summer 2022.
This Invitation to Tender is for equipment to be used at the Cheshire Observatory. The objective of the Cheshire Observatory is to strengthen our understanding of the underground environment. The Observatory will provide scientists and innovators with flexible research facilities to test new technologies, to optimise system performance, and to investigate the long-term effect of temperature changes on the subsurface environment. It will be a unique science facility in the UK, comprising around 21 boreholes that will, over time, attract leading geologists, engineers and other scientists from across the world to undertake vital energy-related research.
5. CPV Codes:
43328100 - Hydraulic equipment.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKF14 - Nottingham
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Nottingham,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: UKRI-1780
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category I: 50K to 100K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 10/12/2021 14:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: To view this notice, please click here:
13. Description of Amendment / Addition: Please note the closing date for this opportunity is now 10 December 2021 (14:00). TKR-20211129-PRO-19308817
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 04/01/2022
Period of Work End date: 31/03/2022
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no