GB-Didcot: Supply of B4C neutron shielding material
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Didcot: Supply of B4C neutron shielding material
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research and Innovation
Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FL, United Kingdom
Tel. 01793 442 000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: https://www.ukri.org
Contact: Declan Ward, Attn: Declan Ward
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Construction materials. The final date and time for the submission of bids is Thursday 17th March 2022 at 14:00.
DO NOT apply directly to the buyer.
All tender information MUST be submitted through the Delta eSourcing Portal.
Summary of requirement
UK Research and Innovation- Science and Technology Facilities Council have a requirement for the supply of B4C neutron shielding material
150m2 of flexible boron carbide (B4C) sheet material which can be easily cut
B4C mass content ≥ 80%
Supplied as handleable sized sheets – approx. 1m x 0.5m
Sheet thickness of ≥ 5mm
No self-adhesive layers
5. CPV Codes:
44110000 - Construction materials.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKJ14 - Oxfordshire
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Oxfordshire,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category H: 100K to 500K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 17/03/2022 14:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 23/03/2022
Period of Work End date: 30/06/2022
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no