GB-Swindon: UKRI-2049 Cryogenic Vacuum System for the NQCC
Competitive Contract Notice Addendum
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Swindon: UKRI-2049 Cryogenic Vacuum System for the NQCC
1. Title: GB-Swindon: UKRI-2049 Cryogenic Vacuum System for the NQCC
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research and Innovation
Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FL, United Kingdom
Tel. 07563 420665, Email: Elizabeth.Gage@ukri.org, URL: https://www.ukri.org/
Contact: Elizabeth Gage, Attn: Elizabeth Gage
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Gas cooling systems. The UK’s National Quantum Computing Centre aims at building quantum computers which will be made available to end users. One of the hardware platforms we are developing is based on trapped ions. In trapped ion quantum computing, these ions are trapped on a chip. This chip needs to be located inside a vacuum chamber to avoid the ions being knocked out of the trap by background gas.
The vacuum chamber also needs to provide cryogenic cooling to the ion chip to avoid the chip heating up the ion, as well as to improve the vacuum. It also needs to provide vacuum feedthroughs for various electrical connections that the ion trap chip requires.
5. CPV Codes:
31161200 - Gas cooling systems.
6. NUTS Codes :
UK - UNITED KINGDOM
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: UNITED KINGDOM,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: UKRI-2049
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category H: 100K to 500K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 21/03/2022 11:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
To view this notice, please click here:
13. Description of Amendment / Addition: Contract start date amendment. TKR-202234-PRO-19738126
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 10/04/2022
Period of Work End date: 31/07/2023
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no