GB-Didcot: UKRI-2103 - Wavelength Measurement System (Wavemeter)
Competitive Contract Notice Addendum
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Didcot: UKRI-2013 - Wavelength Measurement System (Wavemeter)
1. Title: GB-Didcot: UKRI-2103 - Wavelength Measurement System (Wavemeter)
2. Awarding Authority:
UKRI-2103 - Wavelength Measurement System (Wavemeter)
UK Research and Innovation, Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FL, United Kingdom
Tel. 01793 442000, Email: email@example.com, URL: https://www.ukri.org
Contact: STFC Procurement, Attn: STFC Procurement
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses). The estimated value of this requirement is £110,000 exclusive of VAT.
The National Quantum Computing Centre aims at building quantum computers which will be made available to end users. Among others, one of the hardware platforms we are developing is based on trapped ions. In trapped ions quantum computing, lasers are used to interact with the internal states of a single and multiple ions. Depending on the chosen ion species and internal states, specific laser frequencies are used. The precise wavelength/frequency of these lasers needs to be calibrated to a high degree to allow them to interact with the ions.
To this end, a high accuracy Wavelength Measurement System is needed which can measure the frequency of a laser with an absolute frequency uncertainty of 20 MHz or below (lower is better).
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
5. CPV Codes:
38000000 - Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses).
6. NUTS Codes :
UK - UNITED KINGDOM
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: UNITED KINGDOM,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: UKRI-2103
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category H: 100K to 500K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 19/04/2022 14:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: To view this notice, please click here:
13. Description of Amendment / Addition: Amendment to deadline due to bank holiday clash. TKR-202245-PRO-19915268
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 09/05/2022
Period of Work End date: 01/10/2022
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no