GB-Didcot: UKRI-2197 - Quadrupole 729nm Laser cavity
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Didcot: UKRI-2197 - Quadrupole 729nm Laser cavity
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research and Innovation
Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FL, United Kingdom
Tel. 01793 442000, Email: email@example.com, URL: https://www.ukri.org
Contact: STFC Procurement, Attn: STFC Procurement
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses). Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excluding glasses). The National Quantum Computing Centre is funded through the UKRI, and is dedicated to accelerating the development of quantum computing by addressing the challenges of scaling – technological and user adoption. It seeks to enhance the UK’s global leadership in quantum computing, to help translate UK research strengths into innovation, and enable the creation of the first generation of quantum computers, helping to build a resilient future economy.
The National Quantum Computing Centre aims at building quantum computers which will be made available to end users, and is pursuing two primary platforms of quantum computing, one based on superconductors and one based on trapped ions, as these are currently the most mature.
In trapped ions quantum computing, lasers are used to interact with the internal states of a single and multiple ions. Depending on the chosen ion species and internal states, specific laser frequencies are used. In order to implement operations with lasers, the lasers need to be permanently frequency stabilised.
The standard way to achieve the required stability is to reference each laser to a pair of mirrors – which form a cavity. The distance between the mirrors is fixed in length and can be made to be stable enough to act as the required reference. Further information regarding the mirrors can be found within Section 3 of the Specification.
This tender is aimed at the purchase of a cavity used to stabilise a 729 nm laser, as specified in Section 3.
The estimated value of this opportunity is £60,000.
Please follow this link https://ukri.delta-esourcing.com/tenders/UK-GB-Didcot:-UKRI-2197---Quadrupole-729nm-Laser-cavity/GP3CPBHZ5F, for further information.
5. CPV Codes:
38000000 - Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses).
6. NUTS Codes :
UK - UNITED KINGDOM
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: UNITED KINGDOM,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: UKRI-2197 Quadrupole 729 nm Laser Cavity
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category I: 50K to 100K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 06/06/2022 14:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 20/06/2022
Period of Work End date: 01/10/2022
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no