GB-Cambridge: BAS UKRI-2005 Glider Workshop
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Cambridge: BAS UKRI-2005 Glider Workshop
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research & Innovation
British Antarctic Survey, High Cross, Madingley Rd, Cambridge, CB3 0ET, United Kingdom
Tel. 01223 221400, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: https://www.bas.ac.uk
Attn: Bas Procurement
3. Contract Type: Works
Sub Type: Realisation, by whatever means of work, corresponding to the requirements specified by the contracting authorities
4. Description: Laboratory building construction work. The workshop suites that this project refers to, will use state-of-the-art equipment to fully prepare individual ‘sea gliders’ for deployment into the Antarctic oceans. The workshop suites are separated into four areas; a wet workshop, a dry workshop, an electronics workshop and a field preparation workshop.
5. CPV Codes:
45214610 - Laboratory building construction work.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKH12 - Cambridgeshire CC
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Cambridgeshire CC,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: UKRI-2005
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category H: 100K to 500K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 30/06/2022 00:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.The British Antarctic Survey, Cambridge, is part of the Natural Environment Research Council. The primary use for the site is polar scientific research, and therefore the site contains a multitude of laboratories, cold rooms, workshops and office accommodation.
This site can be occupied 24 hours a day. The area of the works is central to the BAS site and all surrounding buildings must be considered occupied throughout the works. The Contractor must take all reasonable care not to interfere with all other activities on the site.
The Tenderers are recommended to visit the site before submitting their Tender to acquaint themselves with local conditions, means of access, the full extent and character of the project and any other matters which might affect the execution of the works
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 22/08/2022
Period of Work End date: 01/03/2023
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no