GB-Swindon: UKRI-2055 Site Development Plan for Daresbury Laboratory
Competitive Contract Award Notice
1. Title: GB-Swindon: UKRI-2055 Site Development Plan for Daresbury Laboratory
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research and Innovation
Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FL, United Kingdom
Tel. +44 1235446100, Email: STFCprocurement@ukri.org, URL: https://www.ukri.org/
Contact: James Goldsby-West, Attn: James Goldsby-West
3. Contract Type: Services
Sub Type: Architectural services; engineering services and integrated engineering services; urban planning and landscape architectural services; related scientific and technical consulting services.
4. Description: Urban planning and landscape architectural services. The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), part of UK Research and Innovation, require a Site Development plan to be written for its Daresbury Laboratory site, near Warrington, Cheshire.
The Development Plan will include the pipeline of projects for the DL site, set out where future development plots exist, and provide a framework for future development including guidance on massing, appearance and biodiversity.
The Development Plan must assess the capacity of the existing estate to accommodate current activities (so, a review of current activities and resultant space demand); provide an assessment of what space would be required for these activities in new or refurbished space; assess the adaptability of the existing estate to assess which, if any, buildings can be refurbished as part of an approach to upgrade the estate (to condition B); and provide a costed plan and programme of decant and refurbishment to achieve that aim; this will require producing multiple costed scenarios from which a preferred programme will be developed.
STFC expect the document to use and refer to existing information to understand the site and its history.
5. CPV Codes:
71400000 - Urban planning and landscape architectural services.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKD6 - Cheshire
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Cheshire,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: UKRI-2055
9. Awarded to:
David Lock Associates Limited
National ID: 02422692, 50 North Thirteenth Street, Milton Keynes, MK9 3BP, United Kingdom
Tel. +441908 666276, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: https://www.davidlock.com
Contact: Roz Collier, Attn: Roz Collier
Value Cost: 83,000
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: Yes
10. Date of Contract Award: 07/06/2022
11. Number of Tenders Received: 6
12. Other Information:
Other Information: To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 08/06/2022
Period of Work End date: 23/12/2022