GB-Swindon: UKRI-2093 R55 Deuteration Facility Refurbishment
Competitive Contract Notice Addendum
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Swindon: UKRI-2093 R55 Deuteration Facility Refurbishment
1. Title: GB-Swindon: UKRI-2093 R55 Deuteration Facility Refurbishment
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research & Innovation
Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FL, United Kingdom
Tel. 07849 307911, Email: STFCprocurement@ukri.org, URL: www.ukri.org
Contact: STFC Procurement, Attn: STFC Procurement
Sub Type: Execution
4. Description: Refurbishment work. UK Research and Innovation's (UKRI) Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) wishes to establish a contract for the provision of R55 Deuteration Facility refurbishment.
In May 2021, the Deuteration Facility at STFC's Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL) site in Oxfordshire suffered a major fire. Whilst the fire damage remained isolated to the room, the laboratory suffered extensive damage and required complete clearance. This project is to reinstate the facility and bring it back to full operations capacity.
The full infrastructure will need to be replaced and refitted from utilities, fume cupboards and furniture to synthetic and analytical equipment lost to heat, smoke and water damage.
As part of the fit out, STFC would like to incorporate the latest safety development designs on all fume cupboards, laboratory equipment and furniture. The design is to ensure that the facility is as energy efficient as possible using a designed for purpose BMS system to control the balance between the extract and supply air, whilst maintaining the internal comfort temperature within the required parameters.
Provision, installation and commissioning of the laboratory requirements includes, HVAC, furniture, ceiling flooring, electrical and mechanical fit, water specialist gases, gas detection systems etc.
UKRI STFC will be holding a site tour for this requirement. It is strongly recommended that Potential Suppliers attend the site tour at RAL in order to gain complete clarity of the requirements and the environment you would be working in. Site tours will be held on Monday 13th June 2022 at 14:00 and Tuesday 14th June 2022 at 10:00 and will last no more than 1 hour. Suppliers need only attend one of these tours. Two attendees from each supplier organisation are permitted to attend a site tour at RAL.
To book on to the site tour, please submit the names, email addresses and vehicle registration numbers of those attending via the message function on the Delta eSourcing Portal, along with the date you wish to attend. Please confirm your attendance no later than 12:00 on Friday 10th June 2022.
5. CPV Codes:
45453100 - Refurbishment work.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKJ14 - Oxfordshire
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Oxfordshire,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category G: 500K to 1M
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 08/07/2022 11:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
To view this notice, please click here:
13. Description of Amendment / Addition: The deadline date has been extended by one week from 11:00 BST, 1st July 2022, to 11:00 BST, 8th July 2022. TKR-2022623-PRO-20482963
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 26/07/2022
Period of Work End date: 31/01/2023