GB-Swindon: UKRI-2461 Sextupoles for the FEBE Arc Line
Competitive Contract Award Notice
1. Title: GB-Swindon: UKRI-2461 Sextupoles for the FEBE Arc Line
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research & Innovation
https://www.ukri.org/, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FL, United Kingdom
Tel. +44 7563420665, Email: Elizabeth.Gage@ukri.org, URL: https://www.ukri.org/
Contact: Elizabeth Gage, Attn: Elizabeth Gage
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Magnets. The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) requires a pair of sextupole magnets for the Full Energy Beam Exploitation (FEBE) section of the Compact Linear Accelerator for Research Applications (CLARA), a linear accelerator currently under construction at STFC Daresbury Laboratory.
The sextupoles are a recent change in design to a beamline which has already begun construction and as such are strictly limited in total length to no more than 100mm, and are expected to be used at gradients of up to 255 T/m2 for a total integrated gradient of between 24.5 and 25 T/m.
These magnets will be positioned in a left-right arc section of beamline with high transverse beam dispersion and will be used to help control the linear dispersion with the aid of a beam mask, allowing us to deliver highly compressed electron beams to users. The electron beam energy through these magnets will be up to 250 MeV.
5. CPV Codes:
31630000 - Magnets.
6. NUTS Codes :
UK - UNITED KINGDOM
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: UNITED KINGDOM,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: UKRI-2461
9. Awarded to:
National ID: N/A, Gregersensvej 8, Taastrup, DK-2630, Denmark
Tel. +45 72202400, Email: email@example.com
Contact: Danfysik A/S, Attn: Danfysik A/S
Value Cost: 53,200
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: No
10. Date of Contract Award: 26/09/2022
11. Number of Tenders Received: 3
12. Other Information:
Other Information: Procurement Contract Transparency Data: Redacted contract documents will be made available within the next 30 days on the UKRI website at: https://www.ukri.org/about-us/procurement-contract-transparency-data/
To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 28/09/2022
Period of Work End date: 11/09/2023