GB-Swindon: UKRI-2394 Design of Fire Detection and Suppression Systems
Competitive Contract Award Notice
1. Title: GB-Swindon: UKRI-2394 Design of Fire Detection and Suppression Systems
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research & Innovation
https://www.ukri.org/, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FL, United Kingdom
Tel. +44 7563420665, Email: Elizabeth.Gage@ukri.org, URL: https://www.ukri.org/
Contact: Elizabeth Gage, Attn: Elizabeth Gage
3. Contract Type: Services
Sub Type: Other services.
4. Description: Fire and explosion protection and control consultancy services. The Science and Facilities Research Council, which is part of UKRI, has made a decision to increase the level of fire protection of the council’s asset base in addition to the high levels of personal safety.
Aim of the project;
To increase the level and efficacy of fire suppression and detection within the ISIS Neutron and Muon Facility. This will be done by the delivery of both retro fittible solutions to detection and suppression as well as technology options/specifications that can be incorporated at design stages.
The output will combine the latest engineering to minimise the opportunity of fire starting, it’s quick detection and rapid suppression.
It is expected that the contract will form 3 phases, these could overlap as the needs of the contract develop
5. CPV Codes:
71317100 - Fire and explosion protection and control consultancy services.
6. NUTS Codes :
UK - UNITED KINGDOM
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: UNITED KINGDOM,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: UKRI-2394
9. Awarded to:
International Fire Consultants Limited
National ID: 02194010, Kiwa House Malvern View Business Park , Stella Way, Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham , GL52 7DQ, United Kingdom
Contact: International Fire Consultants Limited, Attn: International Fire Consultants Limited
Value Cost: 100,000
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: Yes
10. Date of Contract Award: 02/11/2022
11. Number of Tenders Received: 1
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The term and conditions relating to this purchase are provided in the Contract, which matches the Contract number cited in the narrative to this Purchase Order and are specific to this Contract. Where the Contract number is not so cited, then our standard terms and conditions will apply which are available at :- https://www.uksbs.co.uk/services/procure/Documents/UKRIPOTCs.pdf
To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 06/02/2023
Period of Work End date: 29/12/2023