UK Research & Innovation has published this notice through Delta eSourcing
|Title:||GB-Boulby: UKRI-1230 Boulby Mine Toilet Refurbishment|
|Notice type:||Competitive Contract Award Notice|
|Authority:||UK Research & Innovation|
|Nature of contract:||Not applicable|
View Full Notice
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Boulby: UKRI-1230 Boulby Mine Toilet Refurbishment
1. Title: GB-Boulby: UKRI-1230 Boulby Mine Toilet Refurbishment
2. Awarding Authority:
UK Research and Innovation
Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1FL, United Kingdom
Tel. +44 1793442000, Email: email@example.com, URL: www.ukri.org
Attn: UKRI-STFC-RAL Procurement
3. Contract Type: Services
Sub Type: Other services.
4. Description: Refurbishment work. Boulby Underground Laboratory is a multi-disciplinary deep underground science facility operated by the UK Research and Innovation’s (UKRI's) Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC) working in partnership with ICL UK. Boulby is one of just a handful of facilities world-wide suitable for hosting ultra-low background and deep underground science projects. Boulby is a special place for science. It is ‘a quiet place in the Universe’, where studies can be carried out almost entirely free of interference from natural background radiation, in particular from natural ‘cosmic rays’ which perpetually bombard the Earth’s surface.
This requirement is for the removal of existing items and refurbishment of one of the facilities ground level toilet blocks at the Boulby Mine facility. The work will include;
Deconstruction of complete toilet block which includes disabled toilet, cleaning cupboard and male toilets. This will include the removal of a number of stud walls, toilets, sinks, urinals, doors, tiles, mirrors, units and flooring.
New soundproof wall to be constructed in place of where disabled toilet was creating, the shell of the toilet block.
Air vent on exterior wall to be removed and blocked up.
Blocking up of the initial entrance to the toilets when first entering the building.
Installation of a new window matching the same profile as per the rest of the building (Polar windows supplier). Same size as the adjacent male changing room.
New tiling to go on each wall to match the same profile as the new refurbishment in male and female changing room.
Ceiling to be painted white.
Flooring to be installed matching the same profile as the newly refurbed male and female changing rooms.
Installation of 4 new unisex cubicles (approx. 1.5m wide and 1.7m deep) each containing toilet and a hand washing facility. Adjoining walls to be constructed from soundproof material as for privacy reasons.
A soundproof door on each toilet cubicle.
Large cleaning cupboard to be constructed with a built in sink with a large basin accessible for a bucket etc to sit in with both hot and cold running water.
(refer to Spec for full list of requirements)
The work is estimated to be in the region of approximately £60K to £80K GBP excluding VAT. Please refer to the full set of tender documents for the complete scope of work and contract terms.
UKRI will be using the Delta eSourcing Portal for this procurement. Please use the link: https://www.delta-esourcing.com/respond/8S6HS78D4T and the follow the instructions to ‘Login’. You can also register to Delta via this page. Please note it is your responsibility to utilise the Delta message service on a regular basis to ensure you have sight of all relevant information applicable to this opportunity. Please ensure you review all attached information to ensure a full understanding of this requirement.
5. CPV Codes:
45453100 - Refurbishment work.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKC12 - South Teesside
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: South Teesside,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Awarded to:
Ashbrook Construction Services Limited
National ID: 04665579, Unit 8, Belasis Court, Belasis Business Park, Billingham, TS23 4AZ, United Kingdom
Tel. +44 (0)1642 562999
Value Cost: 42,649.57
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: Yes
10. Date of Contract Award: 08/06/2021
11. Number of Tenders Received: 2
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 14/06/2021
Period of Work End date: 09/08/2021